Allen has the adaptability to engage with technologists in countries as far away as Germany, India, and the UK. Allen can communicate in diverse environments even with the use of vocabulary knowledge often varying from country to country.
Allen has persistence in technology excellence creates platforms for large companies and divisions with the Department of Defense to include: software for global management, Intranets for enhancing company growth & capabilities. In addition to increasing digital capabilities, ultimately contributing to our tree population. “Going Digital” is an understatement.
Allen’s personal touches include precise evaluation of a company’s needs, expected technological growth, identifying growth hindrances, and transitioning from an older, previously used platform to a newer more advanced one, thereby catering to the companies specified needs.
Allen uses an interpersonal interview styled conversational pattern to engage with his clients so that the product fits their vision paired with his expertise and development in technological advances.
Architecture : Governance, Security Policies and Procedures, SharePoint Multi-Tenancy Platform and Office365
Microsoft &3rd Party Software : Windows Server Family, SharePoint 2007 – SharePoint Online,Office365 Admin,Microsoft Dynamics, Power BI, PowerApps, Yammer, InfoPath Designer, SharePoint Designer, HTML5, CSS, Business Intelligence, Nintex Forms, Sharepoint Designer Workflows,Microsoft Flows, SharePoint Framework (SPfx) and Metalogix Technologies.
Infrastructure : System Center Family, SharePoint Farm Capacity Planning, AzureServices, Sharepoint Farm Cloud Infrastructure Design.
Education: BS in Computer Science, Alabama State University -MCSE: Security, MCTS: SharePoint 2007, Security+, Enabling and Managing Office 365 (Pending MCSA:Office365)
TWD, Naval Sea Systems Command Project (NAVSEA)
Sr. SharePoint Task Migration Lead
This $125 million project involves migrating hundreds of commands from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2010 within a Global Solution with 750,000 users.
- Oversaw the system requirements to support SharePoint system migration.
- Formulated and define specifications for the re-engineering and migration of the existing MOSS 2007 environment and software applications in Bamboo, CorasWorks, Charts, and Fusions.
- Modified and maintained complex applications and migration tasks in accordance with configuration control requirements.
- Developed and coordinated the testing of hundreds of system applications.
- Developed requirements for governance software, performing SharePoint administrative tasks for development, user acceptance, and production environments.
- Liaison between government stakeholders and contractors to ensure successful migration.
August 2011 – January 2012, Perficient, Inc., Atlanta GA
HIGHLIGHTS: Deployed mid-size Hospital SharePoint 2010 Farms within a 4-month period including basic governance, high-level roadmap, migrations using Quest Site Administration, and basic handoff training. Provided medical research for other hospital clients.
- Lead a project consisting of 10-12 members with a SharePoint 2010 Deployment. The deployment consisted of QA\Test and Production SharePoint Environment. This project consisted of creating documentation, OOB development, and diagrams surrounding the scope of the environment.
- Created documentation including: System Architecture, SharePoint Governance, High Level Roadmap, and Backup Strategy.
- Deployed SharePoint 2010 and SQL Server 2008, and SSRS within a QA\Test and Production Environment
- Created charts and diagrams using Microsoft Visio Services within SharePoint 2010
- Automated business processes by developing standard client forms and OOB workflows using InfoPath 2010 Designer and SharePoint 2010 Designer
- Provided IT Mentoring including handoff training to manage their environment
- Created custom Status List Indicators to demonstrate fundamental status reports and hoe PerformancePoint can help them manage what they measure and build and effective Performance Management System.
- Lead, deployed, and configured SharePoint Server 2010 for Production Environment.
- Configured SharePoint 2010 for Multi-Tenant Farm.
- Also, assisted in deploying custom .Net development solution into SharePoint 2010 using PowerShell.
CEI, WellPoint, Pittsburg PA
HIGHLIGHTS: Assisted and added to their year-end roundup and prepared them for next year.
- Conducted and supported proof of concept, pilot projects, testing and evaluating SharePoint 2007/ 2010 and Project Server solutions.
- Analyzed SQL Server 2008 including SSRS databases and recommend maintenance plan solutions
- Analyzed customer request and recommend appropriate solution to automate business processes.
- Documented current Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Infrastructure.
- Reviewed and Developed SharePoint Security & Standards Manuals
- Created an Acceptable Use Policy for SharePoint complying with HIPPA regulations
- Provided recommendations to enhance the security and operation surrounding SharePoint
- Provided guidelines and lead SharePoint Team in transitioning SharePoint 2007 to the SharePoint 2010 BPOS/Cloud/Office365.
- Designed, developed and tested applications to automate and streamline business processes.
- Coordinated with network engineering, business applications and DBA’s to implement in SharePoint 2010 architecture that utilizes best practices and that meets corporate objectives.
Concurrent Technology Solutions - Albany Ga
LOGCOM (USMC) –SharePoint Engineer
HIGHLIGHTS: Lead a team of 7 to design, build, implement, and push to production a large SharePoint 2007 Farm. This was significant to me because we didn’t have ISA 2007 experience in the center so I stepped up and learned ISA then getting a certification in the technology.
- Diagnosed and resolved issues related to SharePoint sites and provides general end-use support as needed
- Provided web systems management of Internet Information Systems (IIS), implemented DISA STIG compliant platforms, Microsoft Office SharePoint Services (MOSS), ISA 2006, SQL backup tools, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), and similar web systems.
- Gathered experience with MOSS Backup, Recovery, and Disaster Recovery using both native features and products like Avepoint, VERITAS, and/or Idera.
- Built, managed, implemented, and configured ISA 2006, WSS (Windows SharePoint Services), and MOSS (Microsoft Office SharePoint Server) in a large enterprise SharePoint 64-bit environment.
- Created and modified existing default master pages, utilized Contributor Mode to restrict users to only create sites using current master page, and managed document libraries and lists by utilizing workflows.
- Connected to data stores such as BDC, database connectors, libraries, lists, XML, format data views using basic formatting for applying CSS. Inserted Custom and Bamboo WebParts and applied permissions.
- Integrated and migrated Microsoft Office Products System, Lotus Notes, and flat files into SharePoint.